Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Adovia Mineral Eye Gel Cream Review

Today I received Adovia Mineral Eye Gel Cream.  I tried it immediately out of the box.  It did feel like gel that is for sure.  When I rubbed it around my eyes, it felt exactly like gel and took a little longer to dry than say a lotion.  I have never put a gel product on my face so it took a little getting used to.  I felt that it penetrated my skin better than lotion.  

The ingredients are:
Demineralised Water & Dead Sea Water, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol & Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract & Algae Extract & Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract & Aloe Vera (Barbadensis) Gel, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Glycerin, Carbomer, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis) Oil, Urea, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolysed Keratin, Peach (Prunus Persica) Kernel Oil, Cornflower (Echinacea Pallida) Extract, Lactic Acid, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Propylparaben, Dead Sea Salt, Exotic Verbena (Litsea Citrata) Oil, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Extract, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate.




Alot of the ingredients are good, but I was concerned about the "hydrolysed" part.  I know it's not good to eat it.  Can absorbing it through your skin be ok though?  I used the old google to find out.

I asked google if 
 hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolysed keratin was ok:

Seems so, might be the answer:  
Keratin amino acids and hydrolyzed keratin are materials that have been so substantially damaged, degraded and modified from their original source material that they can't really be considered keratins at all.  It’s like the difference between a pile of sawdust and a piece of wood, or a pile of bricks and a house.

Keratin derivatives bring different benefits, for example hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolysed keratin acts as a conditioning agent. The keratin in this is limited. The benefit is mostly associated with the modification that has been added on and the fact that there is keratin as part of the name doesn’t make a whole lot of difference.
Source

Then I asked if  Hydrolyzed Collagen is okay for the skin:
Well if you want to find out more about that, click here for the source of that information.  They do not say it's bad.


Here is what Adovia says about their Eye Gel Cream on Amazon:
*Our Promise: Your Eyes will Look 10 Years Younger or Your Money Back! - Reduce Puffiness Under and Around The Eyes - Makes Eyes Appear Years Younger and Radiant!
*Gets Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes - Your Eyes Will Look More Youthful and Refreshed!
*Formulated Specifically for The Gentle Area Around the Eyes - this Light Eye Gel Absorbs Quickly into Skin for Deep Hydration
*Dead Sea Salt Delivers an Immediate Infusion of Dead Sea Minerals - Essential for Proper Skin Health and Beauty
*Contains Vitamin C which Delivers Powerful Antioxidants Deep Into Skin Cells

UPDATE: 7/24/14:  I've used this for a month off and on.  I noticed smoother area's under my eyes.  I had some dark circles forming from the late nights with my toddler.  I used this and they seemed to diminish quite a bit.  I still had them but not as dark.  I was pleasantly surprised.

I would have to use this for about 3-6 months to see if it holds up to the full claim here.  But I think it's a good product so far.  I definitely have seen the smoothing side of it work.   







I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment